Magic Contest: Overview
Enter results: Rulings
Tel: +46 171 47 50 37
Mobile: +46 70 742 77 42
Alternate e-mail address:
There are many types of rulings. 60%/40% is one. Split score is another. All rulings can be entered right at result entry:
At certain rulings you may leave out the dash (see the samples at your right; capital letters or nor does not matter).
Another way of entering rulings is to click Result menu, select Ruling, and use the North-South and East-West options to set the ruling at hand.
During the contest, A+ awards exactly 60% while A- awards exactly 40%.
After the contest, A+ awards at least 60%, depending on the pair's recorded percentage on the other boards, while A- awards at most 40% on the same scoring grounds.
The first thing to do is to decide which version is the main one. The other version is called Version a. Results referring to the main version are entered in a normal fashion while the other results are to be succeeded by >a, i.e. -420>a.
The fouled board will create one score table per version and Neuberg's formula will be used to adjust the awarded points. Magic Contest can handle multiple fouled versions (a-i).
Read more about fouled boards and Bridgemate
Weighted score (Law 12C1c)
If you are entering contracts, i.e. you have checked the Enter contracts checkbox, there are special cases for split scores of the type 170/590. The difference is that you need to preceed the result with an "r" (for "result").